State of the Fife
Posted on 07 August 2012
Okay, been quite here for a bit, so here’s an update of what I’ve been doing. A whole lot of nothing! Okay, not entirely, but I did enjoy a quite, relaxing summer full of surfing, going to conventions and get-togethers with friends, and not much writing at all. That has changed, though, and here’s how:
1) The biggest thing for me is that I am now the director of the writer’s track at JordanCon. This has eaten up some of my time as I’ve been thinking about what I want to do with the track and have been sending out emails to editors, agents, and writers to see if they would be interested in coming.
2) I’ve also been brought onto an Advisory Board for a local independent theatre, the Browncoat Pub & Theatre. While they don’t strictly do SFF type stuff, they are themed after SFF and have put on geeky shows fairly regularly.
3) Subsequent to that, a play I wrote is going to be produced at the Browncoat this winter. So I’ve been giving that a few more polishes. I suppose, after a fashion, it will be my first sold fiction, although not to a recognized “pro” market.
4) I have written a new short story, and after talking getting some advice by some good friends, I have taken a fresh approach to “Of Brass and Blood”. So work on that is resuming.
5) Sadly: I am no closer to finishing anything to do with Tijervyn, and at present, it really is on the backburner. I will probably use editing it as a mental break from other writing, but no promises, really.
So that is where we are. More regular blog posts? Eh, not for certain. But if I am quite, just pretend it is because I am busy writing. If I hear anything big, I’ll let you know.